Donaldson’s versatile WSOFlex collector provide a more productive work environment by reducing coolant and machining oil mists in a compact package. The WSOFlex can be modified with a simple filter change, leading to leaner operation, cost savings and cleaner plant air.
- 3 in 1 solutions for water-soluble, straight oil, and oily smoke applications
- Choice of coalescent filter media technology (Dryflo® or Synteq XP™) to match your filtration needs
- High performance optional 3 stage filtration to efficiently cover specific applications
- Cross-flow design for better drainage and extended filter life
- A cleaner work environment for maximum productivity
- Zero-leak design helps reduce risk of mist-related hazards
- Quick and easy filter changes – workers have minimal contact with collected oil
- Predictable maintenance with programmable ΔP alerts
- Option for machine mounting and floor stands
The WSOFlex is specifically engineered for the demands of your wet machining applications. Up to three filtration stages work together to clean the air with a focus on maximum efficiency and a low maintenance cost:
Contaminated air enters the WSOFlex mist collector through the dirty air inlet, located at the bottom of the unit.
The air then passes through the prefilter, which is designed to collect and coalesce large droplets and particles. Depending on the application, a different first stage prefilter can be selected.
- Metal wire mesh for most water-soluble mist
- Thin metal screen for heavy particle loading applications
- Polypropylene mesh for heavy liquid loading applications
At this point, the air still contains small mist droplets. The filter element is the heart of the mist collector, as it ensures that only clean air is returned to the plant environment. The filter is positioned vertically, allowing droplets to drain and collecting additional particulate from the airstream.
As mist particles coalesce, the droplets become large enough to run down the filter element. The filtered air exits through the clean air outlet and can be recirculated into the environment.
Choose the right filter for your application:
- Dryflo is best suited for applications using water-soluble coolants.
Typical particle size: 2 – 20 micron
- Synteq XP is especially designed for mist from straight oil and smoke machining.
Typical particle size: 0.07 – 5 micron
For applications that generate very fine particles or smoke, or when workers are directly exposed to discharge air from the collection system, a HEPA filter is recommended. With a rated efficiency of 99.97% on 0.3 micron particles, this is the final step to filtration performance excellence.
Cross-flow filter design for better drainage means longer filter life. Dirty air flows horizontally through the walls of the filter in the WSOFlex, perpendicular to drainage of collected and coalesced mist.
This design promotes optimum drainage, which extends filter life and returns collected coolant for re-use. Conventional mist collectors have an upflow design impeding drainage and causing short filter life.
WSOFlex Cross-Flow Filter (left) versus Up-Flow Filter (right)